At Paragon Healthcare, we are committed to our patients and to making their treatment successful. With Paragon’s antibiotic therapy treatment, our patients can often discharge from the hospital sooner, and may even prevent against future hospitalization.
Paragon antibiotic services can be provided in the home setting and/or in one of our comfortable, convenient infusion centers where you feel at home.
In the home setting, every new referral is managed by a clinical nurse to ensure the highest quality patient care. Prior to discharge, clinical liaisons are available for one-on-one bedside teaching for patients and their care givers so they can easily learn to administer home IV antibiotics. Support and training from our clinical liaisons help make the transition home as smooth and comfortable as possible.
Once at home, our commitment to our patients continues. All after hour calls are answered by live clinical staff to ensure quick response to patient care. Our pharmacists work with physicians in obtaining and managing lab results and ensure that physicians receive a copy. Medication dose times can also be adjusted to accommodate the patient’s schedule, ensuring rest, healing and achievable lab draw times. We also monitor clinical indicators to reach desired goal and decrease the incidence of readmissions into the hospital.
Our preferred medication administration method is an elastomeric device, known as the “infusion ball”. Elastomeric devices are easy to learn and they help to decrease medication errors as well as the number of nursing visits needed.
Other Paragon services available:
- First dose protocols available
- Nursing can be arranged with local home care agencies
- Same day start of care is possible
- No formularies; Patients can receive MD specific orders
- Staff available to provide information and support to the patient regarding benefit verification, authorization, cost of therapy and billing questions prior to service.
- Experienced Cystic Fibrosis Management specialization and training to maximize therapy outcomes.
- Individualized Nutrition Support Therapy, available as needed in conjunction with CF Dietitian.